Everybody Hurts, support for child to parent abuse
Why set up Everybody Hurts?
- Parents initially deny that their child could be abusive towards them.
- When they accept the behaviour is abusive, they often feel guilty,
isolated and unsupported.
- Parents feel for their safety and that of their family.
- At the same time, often confusingly, they fear for the welfare of their
- In Derbyshire and many other areas, there is no-one to turn to who
understands how this feels.............
Siblings are also affected by child to parent abuse, Sophie’s Space and Sophie’s Blog are both pages set up specifically for siblings.
View Sarah explaining why she decided to set up Everybody Hurts